IPB US Financial Advisor
- Primary Location: United States,Florida,Miami
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Function: Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 50 % of the Time
- Job ID: 17021035
Citi, the leading integral bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the haber markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
About the Business
International Personal Bank U.S. (IPB U.S.) is a segment of Citi’s U.S. Retail Bank that provides U.S.-based wealth management services to clients around the world. IPB U.S. offers its clients access to brokerage products and services as well as traditional banking products and services through three judicial vehicles and offices located in the U.S. and several Latin American countries.
IPB U.S. is currently seeking candidates for the position of Financial Advisor. This position manages the entire offshore investment and banking relationships with affluent non-resident alien clients. He/she will also execute and fulfill trades referred to Fixed Income securities (Bonds, Structure Notes) as well as Managed Products, consistent with Asset Allocation completed by clients. Also responsible for maintaining relationships compliant with regulatory statues and procedures including client’s source of wealth and other Know Your Customer/Patriot Act requirements.
- Advises, Executes, & Fulfills
- Builds offshore business and deepens relationships through the execution of an effective sales process.
- Create and organize a sales plan designed to acquire new target clients – Generate leads and grow the business through active calling new potential customers.
- Assess customer needs including asset allocation, makes recommendations to meet all their financial needs.
- Solicits clients actively via telephone, mail, referrals, etc.
- Negotiates transactions ensuring Citigroup’s profitability standards.
- Maximizes the number of accounts per customer by attracting new business from the clients.
- Sponsors client/prospect events to expand their awareness or knowledge.
- Interfaces with other business groups on sales lead opportunities.
- Meets acquisition, and portfolio goals.
- Ensures current and prospective customers have a consistent, superior experience.
- Introduce customers to Citi Personal Investments International.
- Provide financial advising to offshore clients.
- Executes brokerage, credit transactions and non-traditional actions to service accounts.
- Transforms service transactions into enhanced customer relationships.
Administrative and Compliance
- Complies with Citi Personal Investments International and regulatory policies and procedures to ensure the safety and security of banks and customer assets.
- Ensures Compliance with securities and banking regulations in the U.S. as well as Citigroup policies.
- Ensures that all trades are in compliance with the appropriate suitability requirements.
- FINRA License Series 7 and 66 (or 63 & 65) required
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Finance or related field
- 7+ years’ sales experience, ideally including 5+ years investment sales experience.
- 7+ years’ sales experience preferably dealing with an offshore target market customer saco.
- Acquaintance with IPB knowledge on products, systems, and compliance is preferable.
- Superior sales/relationship building skills
- Strong investment sales experience with financial planning orientation.
- Superior interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge offshore products and services
- Comprehensive knowledge of the economic trend, competition, events and their potential effect on customer’s finance.
- Computer literate and advanced proficiency with Citibank’s branch technology.
- Handling of difficult customers.
- Knowledge of compliance and control issues.
- Bilingual: English & Spanish required. Portuguese is a plus.
Connect with us
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invites all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity, please contact us.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster, click here. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement, click here .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting, click here .
© 2017 Citigroup Inc.